PLEASE NOTE: this event is no longer run.
Mount Beauty 6 Hour Enduro 2014
‘Melbourne Cup LONG WEEKEND’
Saturday 1st November
Eliminator: 4:30-6:30pm @ Mt Beauty Mountain Bike Park
Sunday 2nd November
6hr ENDURO: 10am-4pm @ Mt Beauty Mountain Bike Park
CASH PRIZES FOR:
- 6HR OPEN SOLO AND OPEN PAIRS PLACE-GETTERS
- SPRINT ELIMINATOR PLACE-GETTERS
SPONSOR/PRODUCT PRIZES IN ALL OTHER CATEGORIES
Entry fee schedule:
6hr Enduro – $55/rider ($60/rider on the day)
Twilight Sprint Eliminator race included in entry fee.
To enter the event please follow the link below:
3:30pm-5pm on Saturday 1st November
8:00am-9:30am on Sunday 2nd November for 6 hour event
Solo – Open men, Open women
Pairs – Men, women, mixed
Triples – Men, women, mixed, juniors
Open Men, Open Women
The 6hr Enduro will be held at the Big Hill Mountain Bike Park, Mount Beauty – go straight through the roundabout (towards Falls Creek) as you come into town, the MTB Park is on your right, not long after you pass Svarmisk. Twilight Sprint Eliminator venue TBC.
The course is approximately 8 km in length and it is anticipated that most riders will complete the course in 30–40mins. It is predominantly single-track with some sections of wide track/fire road, which will allow passing opportunities. The course while challenging, will have none of the trademark Mount Beauty super technical sections and should be achievable by all but the complete novice. The direction of the course is clockwise and it will be fully marked by Friday 31st November (prior to racing on Sunday 2nd November).
WHAT YOU GET FOR YOUR $$$:
- An awesome course that will have you grinning from ear-to-ear
- On-site toilets and showers
- Cash and prizes up for grabs
- Shady transition area with great tunes playing all day
- Incredible alpine views
- On-site First Aid support
- Professional timing and results
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING:
- Serviced mountain bike
- Australian Standards certified cycling helmet
- Water bottle / Camelbak
- MTBA race licence or an MTBA day permit
- Day permit can be issued for $20; one permit will cover both the sprint eliminator and the enduro event
- Race licence/ day permit covers you, your fellow competitors and the event with insurance
Solo competitors are advised to have a support crew. You will need to set up your transition area, as well as supplying your team mate/s with food and drinks.
There is no camping available at the race venue. For all your accommodation requirements go to www.visitmtbeauty.com.au or call the Alpine Discovery Centre on 1800 808 277