Big Hill Mountain Bike Park, Mount Beauty
2nd-3rd April 2022
The TMB Gravity Enduro will be held on the iconic single track of the Big Hill MTB park.
Our steep, fast hand cut singletrack is unlike anything else in the North East.
We encourage you to come along and race on the trails that have produced many champions!
*** ENTER HERE *** Entries open Wednesday 2nd March at 6:30pm!
Team Mount Beauty Facebook page ***BEST PLACE FOR UPDATES***
e-MTB Category & Le Petit Enduro
We will again be running an e-MTB category for both male and female and a “Le Petit Enduro”. The “Le Petit enduro” category is designed for riders that are new to gravity enduro format and racing – it is shortened to 4 stages and will not include the Honeysuckle stage. As in previous events we will also be running an open hardtail category.
The U15 category will not include the Honeysuckle stage, to reduce the overall race time as per MTBA recommendations.
Bonus! Female entrants will receive an honorary Ride Day entry to participate in our club Labour Day Ride Day on Monday 14th March.
Join some of the local Spoke Sisters of a tour of the mtb park and learn some potential lines for race day.
Categories & Entry fees
- Elite (male & female), 6 stages – $115
- Under 15yrs (male & female), 4 stages – $75
- Under 17yrs (male & female), 5 stages – $100
- Under 19yrs (male & female), 5 stages – $100 or the 5 stages + stage 6 for $115
- Sport (male & female), 5 stages – $100
- Expert (male & female), 5 stages – $100 or the 5 stages + stage 6 for $115
- Veterans 30+yrs (male and female), 5 stages – $100 or the 5 stages + stage 6 for $115
- Masters 40+yrs (male & female), 5 stages – $100 or the 5 stages + stage 6 for $115
- Super Masters 50+yrs (male & female), 5 stages – $100 or the 5 stages + stage 6 for $115
- “Le Petit Enduro” (all ages – min 15 yrs) 4 stages – $75
- e-MTB (male and female all ages – min 15 yrs), 5 stages – $100 or the 5 stages + stage 6 for $115
- Hard tail open – $100
Schedule & Shuttles
Saturday 2nd April 2022
- Registration open 9am-4pm
- Official practice 9am-4pm
- Shuttles 9am-3pm (2 shuttle rides for U15 and “Le Petit enduro” categories, 4 shuttles for elites and +stage 6 riders, 3 shuttles for other categories)
- Timing chip collection 3pm-5pm
Sunday 3rd April 2022
- Registration opens 7am
- Official race start time 8am-2pm
Race stages are yet to be announced.
Racers will return to the bottom (the car park area) after stages 1, 4, 5 & 6.
- Full-face helmets are mandatory. Protective equipment as per AusCycling requirements for Gravity.
- Drinking water will be provided at the bottom of stages 2 & 3.
- Shuttles are provided by TMB only and are included in your entry. Please note to complete practice of all stages on Saturday, riders will need to pedal from bottom to top at least once.
NO self shuttling will be allowed for safety and fairness.
- Rider numbers capped at 300 so if you’re serious get your entries in early! If you miss out the entry platform will still take your entry, but not charge you, and automatically add you to the waiting list.
- Some categories are able to do the + stage 6 option for an additional charge. Stage 6 is the elite track, most difficult. Riders who add stage 6 will also receive an extra shuttle ride on the Saturday. On race day you will be able to get a time on stage 6 BUT you will still be your series category for the event. This is aimed at giving the riders of non-elite categories the opportunity to ride the elite track, whilst still being in their series category for the overall. There will be a cut off time at the end of stage 5 for non elite riders doing stage 6.
- The e-MTB is a race category for e-mtb’s that comply with the Australian Standard for an electric power assisted mtb’s. We hope this will provide a race weekend for e-mtber’s to race with their mates on either mtb’s or e-mtb’s.
- The “Le Petit Enduro” category is for riders who are new to Enduro or desire a shorter race. It will be 4 stages with 2 liaisons from bottom to top and 2 short liaisons.
Photo credit: Matt Rousu Photography