The Team Mt Beauty Junior Ride Program (Gravel Groms) is aimed at facilitating fun and participation in mountain biking and club involvement through adult lead rides on a regular basis for junior club members. The primary focus is ‘supervised rides’ not ‘skills clinics’, though there may be opportunity during the program for participation in ‘skills clinics’.
The Junior Program will be for children aged 5-16yo. The supervised rides will be targeted at primary and early secondary school children.
Junior Participants will be required to have the following:
- Team Mt Beauty Membership, details here
- MTBA Membership, details and joining here,options are:
- For those who have not previously had an MTBA membership there is an 8 week free membership available
- 3-12yo ‘Dirtmaster’ $47.00 for 12 months, includes full Race Licence
- 3-18yo ‘Recreation’ $45.00 for 12 months, does not include Race Licence but discounted Day Licence
- 13-18yo ‘Junior Race Licence’ $97.00 for 12 months
- A mountain bike suitable for the level of riding that they wish to undertake and maintained in a safe condition. This will be confirmed by Ride Leaders at the start of each session. Parents looking for bike advice and/or assessment of current bike can contact Team Mt Beauty committee or members for assistance.
- An approved helmet, closed toe sturdy shoes, gloves advised and a full water bottle or hydration pack suitable to take on the ride.
Term 4 2019 – Fridays
2019/20 Season – $40
The rides will generally start at the Big Hill carpark trailhead. If other alternative meeting points are determined during the season this will be communicated to all participants. Riders and leaders are expected to be ready to ride off at 5pm.
All rides will finish at the Big Hill carpark at 6pm. Parents or carers are expected to be at the ride finish promptly at 6pm to collect their children. Children allowed to leave and ride home on their own must be prearranged.
Sign Up on the Gravel Groms membership page.